With cooler weather approaching as fall slowly (but surely!) rolls in, air boat tours, Florida tours in particular, are the perfect way to spend a fall holiday off this coming season! Though Labor Day isn’t technically the start of fall, many feel as if it’s the end of summer, marking an unofficial change of seasons. While booking your air boat tour with Wild Florida, check out some of these fun facts about the autumn season!
1. Plants use sunlight to create nutrients and feed themselves, keeping their color green. As the days become shorter, plants receive less sunlight, resulting in the yellows and oranges you often see in plants during the fall.
2. Animals like squirrels collect and store nuts during the fall so they can eat them during the winter time when food may become more scarce.
3. Birds migrate all year long, but autumn is a peak migration season for many. Certain factors determine when birds migrate including species, migration distance, travel speed, route, climate and more.
4. On the autumnal equinox, the day and night are each about the same length. The term equinox comes from the Latin for “equal night”.
5. Did you know that any given time, the northern and southern hemispheres experience opposite seasons? When it’s fall in the United States, it’s spring in Australia!
6. Before the 16th century, the fall season was known as “harvest.” Harvest eventually only became to refer to the actually activity of reaping, while the terms autumn and fall began to replace it as a reference to the season.
There is no better season than autumn to take air boat tours. Florida everglades rides allow you to experience the pristine nature of Wild Florida. To learn more about what Wild Florida has to offer or to book air boat rides in Florida, book a tour online or call us at 866-532-7167.