You probably know by now, but here at Wild Florida we are crazy about a lot of different animals, one of which is our conspiracy of lemurs! We have two types of lemurs that call Wild Florida home, our red ruffed and ring-tailed lemurs, and are pretty excited about celebrating them during Lemur Week!
The World Lemur Festival will be celebrated in Madagascar from October 29-31, 2015, and the Lemur Conservation Network is encouraging "Lemur Lovers" around the world to celebrate with them. Lemur party at Wild Florida? Yes, please!
Since we can't hop on a plane and head to Madagascar ourselves, we've decided to have some fun in honor of the World Lemur Festival right here at Wild Florida on October 29th-31st. Here's what we have planned:
- Special lemur talks at 11am and 1pm at our stage area in the Wildlife Park
- Make your own lemur enrichment (kids will be able to paint paper mache and pumpkins on Halloween for the lemurs to play with) at 10am, followed by giving this new enrichment to the lemurs at 3pm
- A lemur basket of goodies for raffle
- Ring-tailed shakes and lemur cupcakes for sale at the Chomp House Grill.
- Original lemur paintings for sale in the store as well as other fun lemur goodies
- 10% of Wildlife Park and store sales during Lemur Days will be donated to the Lemur Conservation Foundation
- And a big announcement about our lemurs!
Remember, Florida residents get half-off admission into our Wildlife Park, and if you take an airboat ride in the Middle of Nowhere with us, you get FREE admission to the park! There's really no reason not to come out and have fun with us for Lemur Week with deals like that!